Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's been a long while....

Well, what can I say? You start something and sometimes you get distracted along the way. A lot has happened to me over the past two years. At this point I have lost 150 pounds. It hasn't been as easy as the staples button makes things seem. But it has been good, wait, I should say great!

Things have gotten a lot easier when it comes to eatting. When I first had the surgery I wasn't sure I was ever going to be able to eat normally. Well, that's the part that has gotten easier, maybe a little to easy. I'm able to eat almost everything, just smaller amounts, should I be eatting almost everything, NO! So I'm in the process right now of getting back on track. Going back to the habits I had right after surgery. LOTS OF PROTEIN! I have amazing support in my life and they are all so willing to help me do whatever needs to be done. I'm not where I would like to be right now with my weight and there is just no reason for that, I would love to give you a ton of excuses but that's all they would be excuses. Sometimes we need a reminder of what we are doing, and that's where I am right now. Just got reminded that I forgot what I was doing, it's like someone slapped me upside the head and said "WAKE UP!". Boy am I glad for the wake up.

I'm planning on posting a few new pictures (just need to get them taken) in the next few days. It's time we see if we can see a difference. So I'll have my Mom snap a couple tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've gone gluten free and that's a way to get carbs that you really have to WORK at eating lots b'c they don't really taste that good. :) Going gluten free when I've been all protein so many years is a relief - it improves my mood ... I know you don't need that - but I did. glutenfreeworks.com - check it out.